The ultimate cupcake for any Reese’s peanut butter cup fan. Rich, moist and fudgey chocolate cupcake with a yummy mini Reese’s cup baked into the centre and topped off with a smooth, luxurious and velvety peanut butter frosting completed with some more little Reese’s cups sitting on top.
I have yet to meet someone who does not like Reese’s peanut butter cups. They are just the ultimate perfect combination of yummy chocolate and creamy peanut butter and I am a big big fan. Well to be fair, I actually blame my pregnancy hormones as after giving birth to my son I strangely had cravings after giving birth but not during the pregnancy.
There were 2 things I was crazily craving and as a result completely addicted to and that was Reese’s cups and Lucozade Caribbean crush. Bizarre combination but it was what my crazy hormonal body craved and for a good month after giving birth I would literally be having 2 to 3 packets of Reese’s cups a day. It was crazy! So when it comes to Reese’s cups I know what I am talking about and these cupcakes are the ultimate cake version.
Deliciously moist and fudgey chocolate cupcake, with a little yummy surprise of a mini Reese’s cup baked into the centre, and a decadent, creamy peanut butter frosting on top. I can never get enough of Reese’s cups so the cupcake is completed with some more mini Reese’s cups sitting on top of the frosting. Just pure yummy chocolatey peanutty indulgence and a definite must try for any Reese’s cups fan as once you bite into this scrumptious cupcake you will not believe just how delicious and satisfying it is!
PEANUT BUTTER & CHOCOLATE (REESE'S) CUPCAKES
The ultimate cupcake for any Reese's peanut butter cup fan. Rich, moist and fudgey chocolate cupcake with a yummy mini Reese's cup baked into the centre and topped off with a smooth, luxurious and velvety peanut butter frosting completed with some more little Reese's cups sitting on top.
- 55g (2oz) dark chocolate
- ¾ cup (180ml) hot coffee
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups (310g) granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cups (170g) plain flour
- ¾ cups (85g) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup (120ml) vegetable oil
- ½ cup (120g) sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 15 – 18 mini Reese’s cups
- Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1 cup (230g) unsalted butter
- 2 cups (500g) smooth peanut butter
- 4 cups (500g) icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla paste
- 4-6 tbsp cream or milk
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F). Line cupcake trays with paper liners.
- Step 2 Add the chocolate to the hot coffee and allow it to melt completely.
- Step 3 Using a stand mixer beat the eggs and sugar until creamy, 3-5 minutes.
- Step 4 Meanwhile in a large bowl thoroughly combine the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt.
- Step 5 To the chocolate coffee mixture add the oil, sour cream and vanilla. Mix until fully combined.
- Step 6 Add half of the flour mixture and half of the chocolate mixture to the beaten eggs. Beat until just combined. Add the remaining flour and chocolate mixture and beat until fully combined.
- Step 7 Pour batter into the cupcake cases, filling only half way up as they will rise considerably.
- Step 8 Insert a mini Reese’s cup in the middle of each cupcake.
- Step 9 Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Step 10 Make Frosting: Beat the butter, peanut butter, icing sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add just enough cream / milk to make the frosting creamy and then beat for at least 5 minutes until the mixture is fluffy and light.
- Step 11 Pipe / spread frosting on cooled cupcakes and top with more mini Reese’s pieces if desired.
- Step 12 Enjoy x