A cookie in a cookie! Moreish crisp vanilla biscotti jewelled with little Oreo cookie pieces. THE perfect biscotti for a cookies and cream fan.
One thing you will learn about me is that I really do have an addictive personality and will go through phases of being obsessed with certain things. For a very long time, I was obsessed with Oreo cookies. My love for these dark chocolate creamy cookies is a bit strange as I don’t like eating the actual cookie on its own, or even dunked in a glass of milk or cup of tea.
I love it when Oreo’s are incorporated into desserts and bakes, and the resulting cookies and cream taste is what I simply adore. I have made every dessert imaginable with these yummy cookies from muffins to cheesecakes to truffles. It is a very long list and I hope to share each and every one of them with you.
One of my favourite Oreo recipes is my Oreo biscotti as it really is an unusual partnership but oh so good. The secret to making these delicious cookies crunchy is double baking them, in fact that is exactly what biscotti means – twice baked. The crisp vanillaey biscotti comes alive with little pockets of dark rich cookie flavour and are so moreish that you really can’t stop eating them. These Oreo biscotti’s keep extremely well and are perfect for dunking in cold milk or coffee.
A cookie in a cookie! Moreish crisp vanilla biscotti jewelled with little oreo cookie pieces. THE perfect biscotti for a cookies and cream fan.
- ½ cup (115g) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup (130g) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla paste
- 2 cups (260g) plain flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 20 Oreos, broken into small pieces
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F). Line a large baking tray sheet with baking paper.
- Step 2 Cream butter and sugar until fuffy and light yellow in colour.
- Step 3 Add the eggs one at a time, beating on low speed until incorporated.
- Step 4 Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
- Step 5 Add the flour, salt and baking powder, mixing until combined.
- Step 6 Add the broken Oreo’s Cookies and mix until just combined.
- Step 7 Divide the dough in half (it will be soft and sticky so lightly dust flour on your hands) and place on the baking tray.
- Step 8 Shape each half into a rectangle approximately 23 cm (9 inches) long and 8 cm (3 inches) wide.
- Step 9 Bake for approximately 25 – 30 minutes, until firm and golden. Remove from oven.
- Step 10 Cool for approximately 10 minutes and then transfer each block to a chopping board and using a serrated knife cut slices of approximately 2.5 cm (1 inch) wide.
- Step 11 Place the sliced biscotti’s back on the baking tray.
- Step 12 Reduce the temperature of the oven to 160°C (320°F). Place the biscotti’s back in the oven and bake for a further 15 – 20 minutes, until lightly golden. Allow to cool completely.
- Step 13 Enjoy x