Beautiful chia seed pearls bursting with creamy coconut milk, sweetened with aromatic vanilla and maple syrup, layered in between chunks of sweet tangy mangoes and topped with velvety mango puree and finished off with shards of coconut.
I absolutely adore chia seeds, and always have some made in the fridge with coconut milk. It is so quick to assemble into a quick nutritious breakfast, a sweet treat or just a healthy snack. It pairs so beautifully with fruit and this is one of my all-time favourite combinations. I always have a tin of alphonso mango puree / pulp in the cupboard, so within minutes I can have a delicious mango chia pudding ready, and when I have fresh mangoes in my fruit bowl, I love to add them for the added texture and even more delicious mangoness.
I also like to add some Greek yogurt to the mango puree, which just makes it even more luscious and gives it beautiful velvety creaminess. All of my friends and family who have tried this now also do the same as me and have a stock of delicious coconut chia pudding all made up in the fridge and a tin of mango puree in the cupboard to make this delicious breakfast / dessert in minutes.
MANGO & COCONUT CHIA PUDDING
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup (60g) chia seeds
- 1 cup (1 large) mango, diced into chunks
- 1/2 cup (130g) mango puree
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt (optional)
- Coconut shards to garnish (optional)
- Step 1 Pour the coconut milk into a container that has a lid.
- Step 2 Stir in the vanilla and maple syrup.
- Step 3 Add the chia seeds, stir vigorously with a fork. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Step 4 Stir vigorously again. This is to prevent clumping.
- Step 5 Secure the lid and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Step 6 When ready to eat, layer the mango chunks at the bottom of 2 jars, glasses or bowls.
- Step 7 Divide the chia pudding between the two.
- Step 8 If using Greek yogurt, add to the mango puree and stir until fully combined.
- Step 9 Top both puddings with equal amounts of mango puree.
- Step 10 Serve with a sprinkle of coconut shards on top.
- Step 11 Enjoy x