Healthy, moreish, honey sweet, crunchy granola exploding with so much nutty flavour. Each bite is jam packed with wholesome goodness.
Granola is so easy to make at home and so quick. Best of all it tastes sooooo much better than the shop bought kind. You can tailor it to your exact taste buds and it is so much more healthier. My granola has no added sugars and is sweetened by natural honey. Look at the ingredients in shop bought granola, it really is shocking, I mean there are so many ingredients that you can’t even pronounce! With this homemade granola you know exactly what is in it – just a whole load of yummy wholesome, natural goodness.
You can have this granola in so many ways for breakfast, with cold milk and fruit, with warm milk, sprinkled on your pancakes or in a yummy yogurt parfait. It is also perfect for snacking on as well as a healthy crunchy topping on ice-creams, frozen yogurts or nice-cream. I chose my favourite nuts for this granola, pecans and almonds, but you can use any kind you like. One bite and you will never return to shop bought, this granola is just deliciously healthy!
HONEY & NUT GRANOLA
Healthy, moreish, honey sweet, crunchy granola exploding with so much nutty flavour. Each bite is jam packed with wholesome goodness. One bite and you will never return to shop bought, this granola is just deliciously healthy!
- 3 cups (270g) rolled oats
- ¼ cup(60ml) olive oil
- ½ cup (55g) pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup (67g) sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- ¾ cup (255g) honey
- 1 cup (140g) almonds, cut into halves
- 1 cup (125g) pecans, roughly chopped into bite size pieces
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F). Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Step 2 Combine all the ingredients together and mix thoroughly.
- Step 3 Pour the granola mix onto the prepared baking tin. Make sure the granola mix is spread out thoroughly in a single layer for even baking.
- Step 4 After 25 mins of baking take out the granola and give it a good stir and then put it back in the oven for another 15 to 20 mins until the granola is golden.
- Step 5 Leave to cool completely, granola will harden as it cools down.
- Step 6 Enjoy x