Beautifully luscious rich chocolate pie with a decadent fudgy brownie like filling. A chocolate lovers dream!
Whilst pregnant with my daughter I kept craving chocolate pies and tarts but no matter how many different ones I tasted they just wouldn’t hit the spot. It really is the worst feeling when you are craving something like crazy but you can’t find what exactly it is and in my case my hormonal pregnant taste buds were on overdrive and I was an emotional mess. I knew I wanted something chocolaty in a pie form but then I also wanted it to be like a velvety fudgy brownie.
This is what I kept sobbing to my poor bewildered husband who had attempted to scour every bakery within our vicinity as well as online to find this pie that was tormenting me. Then one day following a sobbing session for my un met pregnant craving needs (to be fair with my second pregnancy I used to cry at everything, I wouldn’t even watch the news, as it would leave me sobbing uncontrollably!), my beloved husband had a eureka moment and told me that I was looking for a chocolate brownie fudge pie so all I had to do was pour some brownie batter into a pie crust and I would have my pie! Simple!
And that is exactly what I did, with a few tweaks I finally had the pie that I was craving. I can not even begin to tell you how many chocolate brownie fudge pies I ate through my pregnancy! It truly is shocking! It also may explain why my daughter is such a chocoholic, and loves her “chochla”! This really is a decadently rich fudgy chocolate pie that is sure to fulfil even the most craziest chocolate cravings!
CHOCOLATE BROWNIE FUDGE PIE
Beautifully simple luscious rich chocolate pie with a decadent fudgy brownie like filling. A chocolate lovers dream!
- 1 9 inch pie crust
- ¾ cup (170g) unsalted butter
- 3 oz (85g) dark chocolate
- 1 oz (30g) milk chocolate
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla paste
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- ¾ cup (95g) plain flour
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F). Line pie crust into a 9” pan.
- Step 2 Melt butter, dark chocolate and milk chocolate in the microwave (approximately 1 ½ – 2 mins depending on your microwave – careful not to burn).
- Step 3 Mix in the sugar and vanilla.
- Step 4 Once slightly cooled stir in the eggs and mix till blended.
- Step 5 Add the cocoa, salt and flour and stir until well combined.
- Step 6 Pour batter into the pie crust. Bake for 30 – 45 mins until the centre is set and the edges start to crack. For a perfect fudgy consistency, a toothpick inserted into the centre will come out slightly wet with a few crumbs.
- Step 7 Cool completely before slicing.
- Step 8 Enjoy x